OK, for my last one on this list, I am reaching way back into my memory. But my memories of this show are so fond that I couldn’t help myself. I loved the various characters and have always been incredibly fascinated with Alaska. So it was corny from time to time, but the scripts were original and the acting was great. And if you don’t believe me, recall that it got 3 Emmys, 2 Golden Globes and one Director’s Guild award. Unfortunately, it ended prematurely due to contract issues with Rob Morrow who played the main character, Joel Fleischman. It was perhaps the first hour-long show which I watched which was both comedy and drama. In some ways, it was a pre-cursor to much of the 2000′s shows in that it concentrated on plot rather than just the laugh track (like the abominable Friends or various Cosby shows). One day, I’ll get around to re-watching this show and I hope that I won’t find that it aged too much.
Search for articles
Popular Tags on this Blogart art expos being dad blogging book reviews books breaking bad Dexter Expo Reviews expos expositions france gtd justified Kids life life-in-france life-in-general miami movie reviews Movies Music music reviews nsfccdp paris postaday postaday2011 postaweek postaweek2011 reading reviews rock rock-n-roll running sons of anarchy television television shows tips travel TV series TV shows web2.0 weeds work writing
- TV Series: Rectify (2013) - Intense, compelling TV that makes you squirm and think
- TV Series: Weeds S04 - The big slurping sound
- The Paris Burger Wars of 2012: and the winner is...
- LEGO: How to dominate the toy market for 5-year olds (or my life with Ninjago)
- TV Series: Magic City S01 - Part 2, Comparing Miami of the 50s to Miami of the 70s and Miami now
- 55,515 hits