So, publicly, I’d like to say that I resolve to:
- Attempt my second marathon with a goal of 3:42:00
- Attempt a second triathlon CD and maybe try a half-Iron Man. Maybe.
- Read the four biographies on my reading list (Isaacson’s Einstein and Ben Franklin, Montefiore’s Stalin, and one on Molly Ivins)
- Stretch goal: finish Gödel, Escher, Bach: The Golden Braid
- Try to stay caught up on my favorite series: Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Nurse Jackie, United States of Tara and Treme. (haven’t decided whether I’ll try to catch up on Dexter and open for suggestions for great ones that I haven’t mentioned yet and therefore am hopelessly ignorant of)
- Be the best husband and dad (well, of course, I have to say that but it’s true!)
- Move forward somehow in my current job. (Keeping this one intentionally vague)
- Discover at least 10 new music groups
- Run 1500km; swim 72 km and bike 1200km in my regular workouts.
- Scrobble 15k songs
- Keep up my once-a-month NSFCCDP (Nerd Science Fiction Ciné Club de Paris) outings all year with at least 3 “winner” movies thrown in
- Get my kid an English-speaking nanny for afterschool
- Survive 3 weeks in Florida with kids and family this summer