As mentioned in my previous post, I created a small, intimate group of nerds in Paris for having an easy excuse to see scifi movies and drink beer. Oh, the lengths we go to when we are married with kids to see our friends! But anyway, if memory serves (and my fellow NSFCCDP members are welcome to comment) here’s what we saw:
- Terminator IV – really, really sucked. Especially the Arnold stand-in. Sheesh.
- Avatar – had to go back twice because my wife went into labor during the first time! Perhaps overhyped but a great, beautiful film nonetheless.
- Star Trek 11 – kicked ass. Probably the best film we saw last year
- District 9 – excellent film. Crazy script and great filmwork!
- Alice in Wonderland – a real downer. I mean I suppose that Lynch should find a new fetish because Depp is wearing out. The scenario was lame, script and dialog lame. Like I said, a real disappointment
- 2012 – one of the worst pieces of shit ever shown in a cinema. ‘Nuf said.
- Iron Man 2 – almost as bad as 2012 but not quite
- The Town – ok there wasn’t any SciFi at the time but anyway. Not bad.
- Machete – kick-ass. Rodriguez in top form. Hilarious. An instant classic for manly men.
- Harry Potter VII – Part 1 – I already blogged about this in December – boring and needlessly long.
I think there were a few more but they were so bad that they are better perhaps left out.